Abington Spring Soccer Program
Spring Travel Soccer is played in Abington and the surrounding towns.
This league is competitive in nature and comprised of Abington players only.
* * *
Spring Program Philosophy
Our Travel Soccer teams are competing against other communities on the South Shore in the South Shore Soccer League. Because this level of soccer is highly competitive it is required that all players try out for a spot on their prospective team. In order to qualify for a spring travel team, the players must attend at least one tryout and have played in the Fall Season. The Executive Board is developing new programs to allow the players who do not make a travel team to continue playing the game of soccer in the spring.
- Season Length: The Spring Season runs from April until Mid-June. Games are held throughout the day on Saturdays and Sundays, at various times. Games last approx. one hour.
- Coaches & Equipment: Each team has a volunteer coach and players are required to purchase a travel soccer uniform. This includes shirt, shorts and socks. The travel uniform must be worn to every game in its entirety. If a player shows up to play spring travel soccer and is not in full uniform, the referee will not allow that child to play.
- Spring Practices: TBD. Any player practicing in the Union Point Gym must submit a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Click here to view and print the waiver.
- Weather Policy: Please never assume that the games are cancelled if you look out and see rain. Unlike some other sports, soccer can definitely be played in the rain. For the spring season, please always check with your coach or on the South Shore Soccer League website for any field cancellations.
- Player Financing: If you are experiencing financial hardship, please complete a Financial Hardship Application (2) weeks PRIOR to start of season.